Saturday, April 14, 2012

jenkins plugin 0.5.0 is out

I am please to announce new release of the jenkins plugin for Jetbrains products. Here below the changelog :

New features :
  • Job Search : Type CTRL + F to display it and use F3 (SHIFT + F3 ) to search forward (backward). The search is cyclic. It means when the last occurrence is reached, the next search will start from the beginning (or the end, depending the search movement)
  • Widget on the status bar : A blue icon will be displayed. It means all builds of the selected view are "good". If a build (or more) is broken then a red icon will be displayed withe number of broken builds. Moreover, a balloon will be displayed whenever there is broken build in the last Rss Entries.
  • RSS UI is more readable, based on the Event Log panel of Intellij 11.
Misc :
  • Improve loading performance by using Swing Thread (Thanks IntelliJ that warn you whenever you do not run UI component in the EDT).
  • Connection issue when Job and Rss autorefresh threads are both enabled
  • Configuration Panel: File input fields have now a validator. So when the file does not exist, then an error message is displayed
  • Misspelling: Rename 'Password' to 'Password file' in the Configuration Panel: 
After submitting the plugin to Jetbrains, I saw a UI regression in the SplitPane. The OneTouchExpendable Button is missing. I will fix it in a near future.

About the upcoming features, I am thinking about a job filter based on the status.

Thanks for your support (Marcin, thanks for the widget suggestion).
 

David

3 comments:

  1. The plugin also needs a checkbox to enable it on a per-project basis. I get an error when I load a project for which I don't need Jenkins build tracking, and it won't let me set the URL to blank.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    There is regression. Actually, the plugin should not load any jenkins workspace whenever the URL is empty or equals to .

    I will release quick release by the end of tomorrow.

    About your suggestion, I am thinking about adding favorite jobs feature.

    Sorry for the inconvenience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aslo if jenkins host is down I get IDE fatal error.

    ReplyDelete